Saturday, February 09, 2008

Religious leader commits blasphemy

Hi
You must be living on a desert island or several miles beneath the earth if you haven't witnessed the recent media frenzy concerning The Archbishop of Canterbury

What on earth has the guy said to become so vilified?
He's obviously touched a raw nerve somewhere!!
The Archbishop made no proposals for sharia law in either the lecture or the interview, and certainly did not call for its introduction as some kind of parallel jurisdiction to the civil law that exists in Britain.

Instead, in the interview, rather than proposing a parallel system of law, he observed that "as a matter of fact certain provisions of sharia are already recognised in our society and under our law" . When the question was put to him that: "the application of sharia in certain circumstances - if we want to achieve this cohesion and take seriously peoples' religion - seems unavoidable?", he indicated his assent.

The full lecture can be viewed here, for those that are interested
In my humble opinion this religious leader is currently one of the foremost forward thinking individuals in his profession
I really don't believe that it matters what religion he's selling, what is important is that he appears to be looking at the larger picture regardless of "creed" and using his position to influence others to start looking at the bigger picture

It's not important what religion we practice. What is crucial is that we all get along. If we allow our society to implode and anarchy to reign supreme, the politicians will have won the final battle!
I'm sure none of us want that?

A SAD FACT:
During this week I witnessed a news article that was just slotted in towards the end of the programme and unaccompanied by any media outrage
I was really shocked to see an interview with the housing minister "Caroline Flint" calmly dictating that council house " tenants be forced to sign up to seek employment or lose their secure tenancies".
No hype!, no outrage!, hardly any coverage!!
I wonder why?
Check out this article about this wonderful democratically elected labour government member

Am I the only one living in Britain who had had enough of the politically controlled media filling our heads with putrid bullshit?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate all religions.They're all of masonic invention anyway.People can
think and speak for themselves.They dont need self-appointed guru's and we certainly don't needs gods.The Lord is My shepherd.I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures...So we are all sheep now are we?And the Catholic Holy Communion.This is my body…this is my blood...eat my flesh and drink my blood.Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life.What???.Freemasonry is big on seeing the masses as sheep ready to be fleeced then slaughted(in wars?).Or as bees in a hive.It's also big on ritual murder and using human remains in rituals too

Elizabet said...

Hi
Within the context of politics I certainly agree with the phrase "they don't need self-appointed gurus and we certainly don't need gods"

Anonymous said...

religions are a form of terrorism and fascism.they scare you into submission and conformity.when the brain is experiencing fear the primitive brain takes control and so you are no longer capable of rational thought during this time no matter how much you try to because the brains resources are being used up to deal with the oncoming threat

Elizabet said...

I agree but it is perhaps the human condition that demands the need for a system of "faith" in order for some of us to continue with this life. This is not to say that the faith systems currently on offer are appropriate for that need

Blog Widget by LinkWithin