Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Paranormal Activity

Hi

Ok I realise the movie was released some time ago in the cinema but now it's been released on DVD I intend to watch it to see just how good it is!
"Screen rant" states that "The best horror movies are the ones that exploit our deep-seated anxieties about real-life events or situations" and I totally agree with this. The Guardian's Peter Bradshaw records that "all it took was one bedroom door to move 12 inches, unaided – just that, nothing else – and I felt like leaping into the arms of the person next to me".
I must admit that it has been an extremely long time since I watched a movie of the horror genre that really had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I think the last one of any note and worthy, in my opinion, of a mention was "let the right one in" but hey I am passionate about vampires!
Has the saturation of the "horror genre" reached its pinnacle? Are we all so accustomed to ghouls, vampires, werewolves, zombies that we view them as the boys & girls next door?
One wonders what's left to explore?
Anyway if anyone has seen "Paranormal Activity" and would like to share their thoughts post them here

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin